Friday, April 29, 2011

Dynamic & Diverse Workshops

I wandered the halls of University Congregational UCC during this first workshop time at the 2011 Annual Meeting. Yes, I missed the full experience of any of these workshops as popped around. But...I got a sense of the various subjects and energies of the workshops.

Right now in the Sanctuary, Da Vita MacCallister our keynote speaker is entertaining us with very serious discussion about how we include all in worship and church when we come from so many different generations and styles of communicating. How do we respect all and give a full church experience to all? Da Vita helps us to learn to understand those who relate in a different way than I do.

As I walked around, I saw workshops about who we are in the UCC and how we are structured. I encountered justice discussions around "Closet Activism", as well as OWL sexuality curriculum, managing the finances of our churches, and the one that makes me self-conscious....Interplay Body Movement and expressing. That was the only group that I asked for permission to take some pictures. They were kind enough to say Yes.

I wish I had heard the Food, Faith, and Justice workshop -- can anyone tell me what that was all about?

More to Come...

No comments:

Post a Comment